Here are a few points to consider on why you should buy organic vegetables, chicken, eggs and turkey:
1. Organic foods are clearly healthier for the planet, because they support an agricultural system that avoids synthetic fertilizers and pesticides and promotes a more biodiverse ecosystem, with attention to the health of waterways, soil, air, wildlife, farm workers, and the climate.
2. As stated by the AMA Internal Medicine:
In 2018, they followed nearly 70,000 French adults and found that those with the highest consumption of organic foods had a 25% reduced risk of cancer over the seven years of the study.
3. As stated by WebMD, Poultry: Buy Organic
Organic poultry is given food that is free of synthetic pesticides and fertilizer. They also don’t get antibiotics, which is a common practice on conventional farms. Experts agree that the regular use of these drugs can lead to dangerous antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
4. As stated by the Mayo Clinic:
Bacteria. Meats produced using usual (conventional) methods may have higher amounts of dangerous types of bacteria that may not be able to be treated with antibiotics.
5. As stated by Penn State University:
While there are multiple benefits of organic eggs, one of the main reasons is simple—they're healthier for both you and the chickens. In a study from Penn State University, research showed that eggs from organic egg producers had twice as much omega-3 fatty acids, and much higher percentages of vitamins A and E.
6. As stated by the Utah Department of Health:
Arsenic is a poisonous heavy metal when too much is present in the body. A test by the Utah Department of Health identified arsenic-tainted eggs in chickens fed conventional feed. Arsenic contamination comes from an additive called roxarsone, approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which is used to promote chicken growth. Organic eggs do not have any of these chemicals or heavy metals.